Please feel free to download my New CV Summary:
Full and Up-to-date Hybrid (Chronological + Functional) Curriculum Vitae:
Somnium officium et explendo vitae.
“I am on the learning path to become an outstanding Ph.D. Senior Data Scientist to collect, analyse, and interpret large amounts of data to identify ways to help businesses and to improve industries worldwide.”
I was born in 1972 in Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain; and I did have the privilege of living in London, England, U.K., for twelve years (1995 – 2007). Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always wanted to make a difference. I always wanted to contribute to society. And I always wanted to help to make the world a better place for present and future generations.
According to field experts and professionals in this subject matter:
- I have above average fluid intelligence.
- I have an unusual high level of abstract and creative thinking, which is complimented by displaying a stunning grasp of logic and reasoning.
I am also an accomplished and fluent communicator with strong investigation, problem-solving, attention to detail and decision-making skills. In fact, I have a passion for exceptionally high-quality code, data analysis, algorithms, creative problem solving, empowerment, agility and teamwork.
Communication. Presentation. Facilitation. Creativity and innovation. Interviewing. Selling. Influence/persuasion. Teamwork. Management and leadership. Handling difficult people and situations. Networking. Negotiation. Organising and multitasking. Mentoring/coaching. Learning.
DATA SCIENCE CURRENT SKILLS.
MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEERING CURRENT SKILLS.
BigML is a consumable, programmable, and scalable Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to solve and automate Classification, Regression, Time Series Forecasting, Cluster Analysis, Anomaly Detection, Association Discovery and Topic Modeling tasks. BigML is helping thousands of analysts, software developers, and scientists around the world seamlessly transform their data into actionable models that are used to make predictions through remote services or locally, by exporting and embedding models into applications.
Multi-lingual: Spanish and English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. British Residency: 1995-2007.
Year 2017 – Career Change: From an Award Winning High Technology Entrepreneur to a Data Science Student and Learner.
2018: 1 – Data Foundations Degree (Nanodegree Program). Udacity School of Data Science in collaboration with Tableau and MODE. (Currently Studying)
Mastering data fundamentals applicable to any industry by learning to manipulate, analyze, and visualize data with Excel, SQL, and Tableau.
- Introduction to Data: Learning how to calculate statistics and build visuals used in industry to best display and communicate data insights. Developing proficiency in Microsoft Excel and mastering the skills necessary to inform decision makers and make an impact using data.
- SQL for Data Analysis: Learning to use Structured Query Language (SQL) to extracting and analysing data stored in databases.
- Data Visualization: Learning to apply design and visualization principles to create impactful data visualizations, building data dashboards, and telling stories with data.
MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEERING.
2018: 1 – Introduction to Machine Learning Course. Miríadax_ / Universitas Telefónica (Fundación Telefónica). (Course Successfully Completed)
- Introduction to Machine Learning.
- Data and Machine Learning.
- Machine Learning Solutions: Supervised Learning.
- Machine Learning Solutions: Unsupervised Learning.
2018: 1 – Introduction to Data Analysis Course. Udacity School of Data Science. (Currently Studying)
Data Analysis Process:
- Data analysis process.
- Posing a question, wrangle data, draw conclusions and/or make predictions.
- Completing an analysis of Udacity student data using pure Python, with few additional libraries.
NumPy and Pandas for 1D Data:
- Using NumPy and Pandas to make the data analysis process easier.
- Features that apply to one-dimensional data.
- Using NumPy arrays, Pandas Series, and vectorized operations.
NumPy and Pandas for 2D Data:
- Using NumPy and Pandas, this time focusing on two-dimensional data.
- Using two-dimensional NumPy arrays and Pandas Data-Frames.
- Group your data and to combine data from multiple files.
Investigating a Dataset:
- Using NumPy and Pandas to go through the data analysis process on one of a list of recommended datasets.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT and ENGINEERING.
R Programming 5 Courses Specialisation (Coming Soon)
5 – Mastering Software Development in R Capstone Course. Coursera / Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Obtain and Clean the Data.
- Building Geoms.
- Building a Leaflet Map.
- Documentation and Packaging.
- Final Assessment.
4 – Building Data Visualization Tools Course. Coursera / Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Building Data Visualization Tools.
- Plotting with ggplot2.
- Mapping and interactive plots.
- The grid Package.
- Building New Graphical Elements.
3 – Building R Packages Course. Coursera / Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Building R Packages.
- Documentation and Testing.
- Licensing, Version Control, and Software Design.
- Continuous Integration and Cross Platform Development.
2 – Advanced R Programming Course. Coursera / Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Advanced R Programming.
- Functional Programming.
- Debugging and Profiling.
- Object-Oriented Programming.
1 – The R Programming Environment Course. Coursera / Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Basic R Language.
- Data Manipulation.
- Text Processing, Regular Expression, & Physical Memory.
- Large Datasets.
Python Programming 5 Courses Specialisation:
2018: 5 – Capstone – Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python Course. Coursera / School of Information, University of Michigan – Michigan, U.S.A. (Currently Studying)
- Building a Search Engine.
- Exploring Data Sources (Project).
- Spidering and Modelling Email Data.
- Accessing New Data Sources (Project).
- Visualizing Email Data.
- Visualizing New Data Sources (Project).
2018: 4 – Using Databases with Python Course. Coursera / School of Information, University of Michigan – Michigan, U.S.A. (Currently Studying)
- Object Oriented Python.
- Basic Structured Query Language.
- Data Models and Relational SQL.
- Many-to-Many Relationships in SQL.
- Databases and Visualization.
2018: 3 – Using Python to Access Web Data Course. Coursera / School of Information, University of Michigan – Michigan, U.S.A. (Currently Studying)
- Regular Expressions.
- Networks and Sockets.
- Programs that Surf the Web.
- Web Services and XML.
- JSON and the REST Architecture.
2018: 2 – Python Data Structures Course. Coursera / School of Information, University of Michigan – Michigan, U.S.A. (Currently Studying)
2017: 1 – Getting Started with Python Course. Coursera / School of Information, University of Michigan – Michigan, U.S.A. (Course Successfully Completed)
- Why we Program?
- Installing and Using Python.
- Why we Program (Continued).
- Variables and Expressions.
- Conditional Code.
- Loops and Iteration.
MATHEMATICS and STATISTICS.
2018: 2 – Data Science Math Skills Course. Coursera / Duke University – North Carolina, U.S.A. (Course Successfully Completed)
- Set theory, including Venn diagrams.
- Properties of the real number line.
- Interval notation and algebra with inequalities.
- Uses for summation and Sigma notation.
- Math on the Cartesian (x,y) plane, slope and distance formulas.
- Graphing and describing functions and their inverses on the x-y plane.
- The concept of instantaneous rate of change and tangent lines to a curve.
- Exponents, logarithms, and the natural log function.
- Probability theory, including Bayes’ theorem.
2018: 1 – Discrete Math – Set Theory, Relations and Functions Course. Udemy / Engineering Education Hub. (Course Successfully Completed)
- Set – Introduction.
- Classification (Types) of Sets.
- Subset, Proper Subset and Superset.
- Power Set.
- Universal Set.
- Set Operations: Union, Intersection, Set Difference, Complement and Cross Product.
- Venn Diagrams.
- Types of Relations.
- Function – Introduction.
- Types of Functions.
- Even and Odd Functions.
- Composition of Functions.
- Inverse of a Function.
PSYCHOLOGY and NEUROSCIENCE.
2017: 1 – Motivating Leadership through Emotional Intelligence Course. Coursera / Case Western Reserve University – Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A. (Course Successfully Completed)
- Resonant Leadership and the Neuroscience Behind It.
- Renewal as an Antidote to Chronic Stress.
- Emotional Intelligence and Its Link to Leadership.
- Inspiring and Motivating Sustained Development, Growth and Learning.
- Coaching with Compassion to Inspire Sustained Learning and Development & Peer Coaching.
- Inspiring Change through Hope and Vision.
- The Multilevel Nature of Sustained, Desired Change.
- The Real Self and Learning Agenda.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Transferable Skills).
2017 – 2000: High Technology Entrepreneur – London, England, U.K. / Spain.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer:
3 – You Hotel Star, S.L. Spanish hotel review Internet platform allowing guests to post videos of the lodgings they stay in real time. Major Achievements: Introducing the world´s first and only Internet company specialising on hotel guest video reviewing that harness the potential of TripAdvisor. Award winning technology start-up company. 1.000.000,00 Euros company valuation in 2017.
2 – The Ramming Skis Company Ltd. British high technology winter sports engineering business specialised in enhancing both, the dynamic performance and the technical capability of alpine racing skis. Major Achievements: Introducing the world´s most advanced alpine racing skis. Commercial collaboration with Expert Engineering and Queen Mary, University of London. Media coverage.
1 – The U.W.O.A.A. (Universal Window Of Accelerating Action) Company Ltd. British high technology engineering business specialised in a ground-breaking environmentally friendly propulsion system that permits increased terminal velocities to make any object, capable of moving forward: To drive faster, to navigate faster, to hover faster or to fly faster; without using an additional engine nor increasing the power of an existing engine nor using any fuel resources and nor harming the environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cash flow.
- Product vision.
- Team building.
- Investor management.
- Brand management.
- Corporate development.
Awards and Honours:
2017: Award Nomination Cercle d’Economia de Mallorca al Impulso de Ideas Innovadoras para la Mejora de la Sociedad.
2017: TED Prize Award Nomination.
2016: The Founder Institute Madrid (Scholarship Winner).
2015: Semifinalist in Spain Start Up South Summit Award.
2015: Semifinalist in Top Seeds Lab Award.
2014: Distinguished by the Prestigious C.A.E.B. for contributing to Business Innovation.
2014: Award Nomination Premio Empresarial Lanza de Palma Activa.
2014: Award Nomination Premio Emprendedores a la Mejor Idea Empresarial.
2014: Award Nomination Premio Emprendedores XXI.
Mass Media Appearances:
2016 – 2013.
- Interviewed by Mallorca Startups.
- Interviewed by Más Que Negocio.
- Interviewed by GSBIT.
- Interviewed by IB3 Radio. (2)
- Interviewed by Diario Tecno Hotel. (2)
- Interviewed by IB3 Radio. (1)
- Interviewed by Radio Bellver.
- Interviewed by Diario Tecno Hotel. (1)
- Interviewed by Agencia EFE Tur.
- Interviewed by IB3 Televisión. (2)
- Interviewed by Revista Preferente.
- Interviewed by Periódico El Económico.
- Interviewed by TodoStartups.
- Interviewed by Diario de La Industria Turística.
- Interviewed by Revista Emprendedores.
- Interviewed by IB3 Televisión. (1)
2000 – 1996: Night Auditor / Accounts Clerk / Revenue Auditor. Accounts Department, Radisson Edwardian Hotels – London, England, U.K.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Nightly revenue auditing.
- Daily revenue auditing.
- Banking reconciliations.
- Overall assistance to the Financial Controller (Financial accounting, preparation, reporting, analysis, budgeting and project and incident management).
Projects and Initiatives:
- Creator of JOIN US! Management Cross-Training Programme Project.
- Initiator of ENGLISH LESSONS for Company Foreign Employees Initiative.
- Proposal of NEW MARKETING Campaign Project.
Awards and Honours:
“It gives me great pleasure to honour you with the Chairman’s Award in recognition of your exceptional performance at Radisson Edwardian. Thank you for your outstanding commitment and valuable contribution to the company. If we can aspire to these standards on a daily basis then we have a very exciting future ahead of us. Congratulations and keep up the good work.” – Jasminder Singh OBE. Chairman. Radisson Edwardian Hotels.
“Apart of his 100% score, Miguel Angel was polite, helpful and efficient; the professionalism is reflective in his high percentage score.” – Trent Walsh. Managing Partner. GAP Analysis International.
“My Primary source of inspiration for this and future company exercise (From General Manager to Room Maid for one working day) was provided by the -Join us, cross-training proposal- submitted for consideration by Miguel Angel Mudoy. He suggests that the “Leaders” within our organisation have become too far removed from the day-to-day reality of company work and would benefit from – getting back to their roots- to see how life really is at the sharp end.” – Alison Smith. General Manager. Reality check Report. 100% Employee Satisfaction Programme. Radisson Edwardian Hotels.
PREVIOUS ACADEMIC BACKGROUND (Transferable Knowledge).
2016: Communication Course. Madrid Emprende – Madrid.
2016: Admission to The Founder Institute. The Founder Institute – Madrid.
2015: Admission to the Programme The Innovation Factory of the Balearic Islands (FDI). Escuela de Organización Industrial (EOI) – Majorca.
2014: Admission to the Programme of Acceleration of Technological – based Companies. Microsoft / Barrabes Next – Majorca.
2014: Admission to the Business Incubator of Technological – based Companies of the Business Centre of Technological Innovation. PARCBIT – Majorca.
2014: Communication Course. Xesca Vidal – Majorca.
2013: Social Media Management Course for Businesses. Bárcena Formación – Majorca.
2013: Admission to the Programme S.E.E.R.F. Institute of Business Innovation of the Balearic Islands – Majorca.
2013: Value Proposition Design and Business Model Generation (Lean Startup Course). Javier González – Majorca.
2013: Business Training Course. Palma Activa – Majorca.
2012: Microsoft Office Computer Course. SOIB – Majorca.
2011: Communication Course. IMFOF – Majorca.
2010: Business Management Course. IMFOF – Majorca.
2005: Business Development Course (N.E.S. Programme). Business Enterprise Centre – London.
2004: Business Training Course (N.E.S. Programme). Business School of the University of Westminster – London.